Three times the smiles! What beautiful siblings and so photogenic in their family garden! We love to take pictures in spaces that truly represent the family in them. As their Chicago family photographer we are willing to travel anywhere in the Chicagoland area that will keep our clients smiling!
When the time comes for your family's photos we thought it would be best to highlight some tips that will not only make you smile, but will also make your images speak 1,000 words!
1. Pick a location that matches your family’s personality. You’ll want these pictures to reflect this time in your lives. So, while railroad tracks can look cool, ask yourself, “Would our family really spend time here?”
2. Before getting too attached to a location, run it by your photographer. They should know if there are any issues with your choice (such as a required permit or difficult lighting), or if there are better choices available.
3. Incorporate items that have meaning to your family to really personalize the picture. Use props to highlight your family’s hobbies!
4. Make sure your photo session is at a good time for your entire family. Be certain not to schedule your photo session around your child’s nap or bedtime. The best time for lighting is the two hours before sunset and after sunrise. If this is a bad time for your children, talk with us! Grumbling tummies don't make for smiling photos, so make sure everyone's had something to eat beforehand!
6. Remember this is fun! Have fun. Laugh. Giggle. Joke. Embrace. Kiss. Snuggle. Play. Doing these things will allow us to capture the emotion and true beauty of your family. Show us who you really are, so that we have the opportunity to really capture you.
For more tips and trips on picture day please read these articles: